Due to our fast paced life styles, we typically have better strength and coordination over one side of our body, our dominate side. We typically eat, text, and write with our dominate hand. We also kick with our dominate leg. We of developing tend to neglect the other side of our body. Over time, this can create a muscle imbalance as well as a neurological imbalance which may be a leading cause of developing degenerative changes in our bodies and brains. These degenerative changes can lead to arthritis, pain, brain fog, and memory issues, just to name a few.
Systemic Neural Adaptation is a noninvasive method and system for creating rapid and sustained neurochemical activation. The process of Systemic Neural Adaptation involves the intentional change over time of bodily systems through carefully modulated and applied visual, auditory, and physical stimulus. This systemic change through neural response is achieved through non-invasive non-pharmacological means enabling the brain and body to work in harmony.
- BALANCE & COORDINATION - By utilizing specific visual and auditory stimulations with the Neurosage platform, balance & coordination improvements are developed and strengthened.
- DISCOMFORT - Discomfort is something that keeps us out the game of life. Neurosage uses interactive video games to help alleviate discomfort.
- MUSCLE WEAKNESS - Optimum muscle functions is what keeps us alive and in motion. Due to repetitive stress and physical trauma we can damage or reduce muscle strength. Specific visual and auditory stimulation along with prescribed physical exercises can accelerate one’s muscle strength and function.
- COGNITION - Attention and Cognition issues are on the rise with patients. Neurosage has developed interactive video games with specific eye movements that has been effective in improving cognitive function.
- REACTION TIMES & SPORTS PERFORMANCE - A series of Neurosage therapies can enhance the reaction time and athletic performance of an athlete from grass roots to Olympic athletes.
- REHAB (PHYSICAL AND OCCUPATIONAL) - Neurosage is a technology platform that is designed to help optimize physical and occupational therapy in reduction of pain and accelerating progress in muscle strength, balance and coordination, and range of motion.
So where a person want to reduce pain, enhance cognition, recover from a brain injury or other physical injury, reduce stress, or balance emotional issues, Neurosage is an important part of the program.
Using light to stimulate brain activity may sound far-fetched, but it shouldn’t. After all, science unanimously agrees that UV light from the sun on our skin stimulates Vitamin D production. More than 40% of the sun’s light waves come from healthy, NIR wavelengths. Laser therapy, or "photobiomodulation", has been used effectively and safely for decades now. Not only that, but there are over 4000 studies that have been performed and published with positive outcomes from using photobiomodulation. Established research documents that PBM is indicated and helpful for:
- Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Cognitive enhancement
- Cognitive impairment from trauma, injury, etc.
- Depression, anxiety, and mood disorders
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Global Ischemia
How Does It work?
Mitochondria are energy factories that exist in nearly all of our cells including neurons (brain cells). Several positive results occur when the cytochrome-C oxidase (CCO) within the mitochondria absorbs red and near infrared light. First, the CCO absorption of the light increases production of ATP (adenosine tryphosphate) by way of the respiratory chain (mitochondria core). ATP is a signaling molecule that leads to healing and tissue repair. Second, the ATP generates a mild oxidant (ROS) that signals for cellular repair. Third, production of ATP releases nitric oxide (NO) which results in improved blood circulation, cellular function, and cellular network communication.